There's a woman in Winchester, England who lives alone in a five-bedroom house. We're not sure how old she is, but she has an adult son.
Anyway, she hadn't even opened the door to one of the spare bedrooms for three months, until her son came to visit last weekend. And when he went in, he discovered that the entire upper half of the twin-sized bed was covered by a huge WASPS' NEST.
There's a photo of it online. And when we say huge, I mean the nest was four feet wide, went from one side of the bed to the other, and covered most of the pillow.
According to the exterminator, there were FIVE THOUSAND wasps living in it. And they were also INSIDE the mattress.
He says it was so impressive, he actually felt BAD about killing them all. But as soon as he started messing with the nest, THOUSANDS of wasps started swarming him. So obviously it was dangerous, and they didn't have a choice.
There's probably an "empty nest" joke we could make here, but we won't . . . because we're WAY too freaked out by the photo.
Somewhere in your mom's house, probably up in the attic, there's a box that's a SHRINE to the first few years of your life. Yes, even though you couldn't do anything of actual value, you were a GOD to that sweet lady.
A new survey asked moms to name the things they kept from their child's early years that they cherish the most. Here are the top 10 . . .
3. Your first pair of shoes.
4. School work.
5. A lock of hair.
6. The hospital band from when you were born.
7. Your first handprint or footprint.
8. School reports.
(By the way, the "Ice Bucket Challenge" has now raised over $31 MILLION to fight ALS, including $8.6 million this past Tuesday ALONE.)
The "Ice Bucket Challenge" is still huge, because every time one person does it, they nominate three MORE.
So if you haven't been challenged yet, it's probably just a matter of time. Here are five tips to make sure you don't mess it up or hurt yourself, like a lot of people have done.
1. Don't have someone dump the water from a balcony. They'll end up dropping the whole BUCKET by mistake. It's a miracle no one's been seriously injured yet.
2. Don't do it somewhere slippery. Outside on the grass is perfect. In the shower or in the kitchen is NOT.
3. Don't use too much water. Remember, you have to be able to lift it over your head. But also don't be the lame person who just dumps a GLASS of ice water on their head.
4. Be upbeat about it. In half of the videos you see, the people have ZERO energy. But it makes for a much better video if you act EXCITED about doing it.
5. Make it quick. Don't spend two minutes talking. People just skip through that part of the video anyway. Unless you're doing something REALLY creative, you should be able to nominate people AND dump the water on yourself in about 20 seconds.